Your Guide To Pay For College!
Solano Promise Program
The Solano Promise Program is a financial aid program created by California state law AB 19 and Solano Community College for students who are California residents and are in their first or second year of college. The Solano Promise Program helps eligible students with enrollment fees, parking permits (not applicable for Fall 2020), and $200 in cash aid to help pay for books for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 Semesters.
- California resident or AB 540 resident as determined by the Admissions and Records Office
- First or second year college student
- Complete the 2020-21 FAFSA or CA Dream Act application by the Census Date
- Not receive another type of enrollment fee waiver, such as the California College Promise Grant (CCPG, formerly known as the Board of Governors or BOG) Fee Waiver or Veterans Fee Waiver
- Enroll in 12 or more units by Census Date (DSP students may be eligible for an exception)
To apply for the Solano Promise Program:
- File the 2020-21 FAFSA (www.fafsa.gov) or the CA Dream Act Application (CADAA) (https://dream.csac.ca.gov) by Census Date, the Monday of the fourth week of the semester. The Solano Community College school code is 001292. For FAFSA help, check the FAFSA Lab hours on our Important Dates & Deadlines at http://www.solano.edu/financial_aid/dates.php
- Fall 2020 Census Date is September 8, 2020
- Spring 2021 Census Date is February 8, 2021
- Complete your Financial Aid Red Flag requirements on your MySolano account. Contact the Financial Aid Office for help.
- For DSP students who cannot enroll full-time, meet with your DSP counselor to get an exception and submit to the Financial Aid Office.
- Eligible students will receive further instructions and the award will be on their MySolano account.
Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.