Your Guide To Pay For College!
How to Apply
Submit Your FAFSA or California Dream Act
5 Steps To Apply For Financial Aid
Step 1: Submit A FAFSA or CADAA
Include SCC’s Federal School Code : 001292
For U.S. Citizens and Permanent Legal Residents
(Green Card Holders, Refugee, etc.)
Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
For AB540 and Undocumented Students Only
Fill out the California Dream Act (CADAA) : https://dream.csac.ca.gov
October 1st – FAFSA/CADAA application opens for next school year
March 2nd – Priority deadline to be considered for Cal Grant award and maximize aid
September 2nd – Second deadline to be considered for Cal Grant A & B
Step 2: Apply to SCC
If you haven’t enrolled in Solano Community College yet, apply here: California Community College Application
Step 3: Check and Submit
- Log on into your MySolano portal
- On the left side, click on Financial Aid
- Look under the FA Requirement
- If any, check the red flags (the red flags mean there are documents to submit or further action to process financial aid)
Step 4: Get Paid
Solano Community College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver your financial aid and scholarship payment.
A Refund Selection Kit will be mailed to you in a bright green envelope.
- The Refund Selection Kit includes instructions and a personal code to select a refund preference for your financial aid disbursements.
- You may choose direct deposit/ACH transfer to an existing checking account, or you may open a BankMobile Vibe Account and receive a new MySolano debit card.
Step 5: Maintain Eligibility
As you continue your education in Solano Community College, it’s important to maintain your grades to have successive financial aid assistance.
For more information, click on Satisfactory Academic Progress.
If you have any questions in filling the FAFSA or CADAA, please contact Sandra Hernandez at Sandra.Hernandez@solano.edu