Your Guide To Pay For College!
How to Apply
Submit Your FAFSA or California Dream Act
5 Steps To Apply For Financial Aid
Step 1: Submit A FAFSA or CADAA
Include SCC’s Federal School Code : 001292
For U.S. Citizens and Permanent Legal Residents (Green Card Holders, Refugee, etc.):
Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
For Undocumented Students Only:
Fill out the California Dream Act (CADAA) : https://dream.csac.ca.gov
October 1st – FAFSA/CADAA application opens for next school year
March 2nd – Priority deadline to be considered for Cal Grant award and maximize aid
September 2nd – Second deadline to be considered for Cal Grant A & B
Step 2: Apply to SCC
If you haven’t enrolled in Solano Community College yet, apply here: California Community College Application
Step 3: Submit any requested documents
- Log on into your MySolano portal
- On the left side, click on Financial Aid
- Look under the FA Requirement
- Red flags mean there are outstanding requirements. Check them to see what action you need to take to complete your financial aid application.
Step 4: Get Paid
Solano Community College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver your financial aid and scholarship payment.
A Refund Selection Kit will be mailed to you in a bright green envelope. Do not throw this envelope away!
- The Refund Selection Kit includes instructions and a personal code to select a refund preference for your financial aid disbursements.
- You may choose direct deposit/ACH transfer to an existing checking account, or you may open a BankMobile Vibe Account and receive a new MySolano debit card.
- You must choose a refund preference to receive your financial aid in a timely manner!
Step 5: Maintain Eligibility
- While you are receiving financial aid, you must continue to maintain eligibility for the awards you have received.
- Some award programs, like Pell Grants and Cal Grants, have different amounts depending on how many units you are enrolled in. If your enrollment changes you may be asked to return the difference between what you were already paid and what you are currently eligible for. To maximize your financial aid eligibility, stay enrolled full-time (12 units or more).
- You must also maintain good grades and completion rates in accordance with our Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
If you have any questions in filling the FAFSA or CADAA, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 707-864-7103.