Important Changes Regarding Assessment/Placement Testing:
We are in the process of updating this presentation. Please disregard the information regarding assessment/placement testing. Please visit our placement website at http://www.welcome.solano.edu/assessment/ for up to date placement information reflecting important changes mandated by the California State Legislature.
Welcome to Solano Community College. Get a head start on college by attending Orientation. Studies show that students who attend orientation are more likely to be successful in college.
The following students are exempt from matriculation:
- Students who have completed an Associate Degree or higher
- Students who seek to enroll online in non-credit courses
- Students indicating an educational goal of:
- Job Skills – to maintain current job
- Personal Interest – not for employment
- Complete credits for High School
- Maintain a Certificate or License (for example, in Nursing, Real Estate)
If you do not wish to participate in the mandatory orientation, please email your SCCID# to firstname.lastname@example.org to appeal.
During the orientation you will learn information on the following:
- General Education requirements
- Transfer Agreement Guarantee (TAG)
- How to choose classes
- How to read class schedule and catalog
- How to register
- And how to plan your path to academic success
We hope you will take advantage of our Orientation and have a wonderful educational experience here at Solano.