Welcome To Academic Counseling!
Solano Community College is here for you! From new students, to returning, and current we have the resources to help. Please be sure to read the information below to locate the best services for you.
WAYS TO TALK TO A COUNSELOR
Express Counseling is for: pre-requisite clearances, registration error questions, questions on course substitutions, petition signatures, or other short questions. Full-transcript reviews or education plans are not available, please make an appointment for these.
Express Hours are: Monday-Thursday, 10:00am-1:00pm and 3:00pm-5:00pm; Friday 10:30am-1:00pm
- There are limited or no Express Counseling when classes aren’t in session.
- Expanded Express 10:30 am – 5:00 pm (3:00pm Fridays) the week before classes start each semester; 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (3:00pm Fridays) the first week of classes each semester
Process – Please pick the best method for your situation:
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org): best for petitions, pre-requisite clearances in which documents are needed to be reviewed (please include the reason you are emailing, your name, Solano Student ID #, and phone number)
- Phone (707-864-7101): best for quick questions on transfer, deadlines, and guidance for choosing one course (please be ready to provide your name, Solano Student ID #, and call back phone number)
Online Booking System: Go HERE to use the online appointment booking system to schedule your phone or zoom appointment with a counselor.
- If you are on Probation II or Academic Dismissal, please call 707 864-7101 or email email@example.com, and mention your academic standing for an appointment with a Counselor to help you with your academic goals
- Zoom Appointment – this is a video meeting (very easy, just like facetime) with a Counselor. The benefit of this meeting is the counselor can share their screen to show you more information and review documents in greater detail. Try it out! Here’s some tips to help.
- Phone Appointment – the Counselor will call you at the designated counseling appointment time. The number may show as “blocked or restricted.” Please be sure to pick up the call and unblock any apps that may restrict these types of call.
Please watch before your appointment: Getting the Most out of Your Counseling Appointment (video – 7 min)
30 min appointments are for:
- one semester education plans with less than 20 units and no transcripts from other schools
- general transfer questions, major/career discussions
60 min appointments are for (please note due to reduced staffing, prioritization will be for 30 minute appointments during busiest times):
- degree/transcript review for graduation or transferring; transfer application assistance
- financial aid application forms which require comprehensive education plan
- multiple semester course plans (comprehensive education plans)
- review of more than 20 units on transcripts from other schools
Counseling Office Information
- Front Desk Phone: 707-864-7101 Monday – Thursday open 8:30 – 4:30 pm; Friday 8:30 – 3:00 pm. If If you hear the voicemail, please leave your name, reason for calling, Solano ID# and call back your phone number with your message. Note: with limited services please expect 2 business days for a response.
- Online Appointment Booking System: Go HERE to use the online appointment booking system to schedule your phone or zoom appointment with a counselor
- Express and Online Express Chat: Monday – Friday 10:30 am – 1:00 pm; M-Th 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. No or limited Express when classes aren’t in session.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Please include the reason you are emailing, your name, Solano Student ID #, and phone number. Note: with limited services please expect 2 business days for a response.