Transfer Agreements

Transfer Agreements are agreements between four-year universities and colleges and Solano Community College that guarantee admission to prospective students as long as those students meet a certain set of criteria. These requirements and agreements differ across universities, colleges, and systems.

Currently we have a number of agreements in place with select University of California (UC) campuses, the California State University (CSU) system, select Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), and other out-of-state state or in-state, private institutions. Please click on the links below or on the left-hand menu in order to learn more about these agreements.

Additional Agreements

Apart from agreements with CSU, UC, and HBCUs, Solano has agreements with both private in-state universities and colleges, as well as out-of-state schools. The schools listed below have agreements with either Solano specifically, or California Community Colleges in general. These agreements range from acceptance of our Associate Degree’s for Transfer, acceptance of IGETC or CSU GE completion, or major agreements. Click on the link for each school to learn more. More schools will be added as we become aware of additional agreements.

CSU Associate Degree for Transfer

The California Community College and the California State University (CSU) systems have created a transfer program which provides transfer students with an additional avenue for transferring between the two school systems. Community college students who complete an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system. Earning an ADT does not guarantee admission to any particular campus or major.

Please contact the Transfer Center for more information about the program and how to pursue an ADT.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes! Solano currently offers 24 associate degrees for transfer in various fields of study. You can find out which degrees are offered in the college catalog. If you are interested in pursuing one of Solano’s ADTs, please meet with a counselor to develop an educational plan that will ensure you are transfer-ready.

Earning an ADT guarantees you admission to the CSU system (not to a particular major or campus). There are also other benefits associated with this degree. If your ADT is similar to the major you will pursue at a CSU campus, you are also guaranteed that you will need to take no more than 60 units of coursework once you arrive at the campus (unless you need to repeat courses, add a major or minor, etc.) to complete your bachelor’s degree.

In order to receive certain benefits of the ADT, the degree you earn at Solano must be considered similar to the major you will apply to at CSU. You can find out whether your Solano ADT matches your desired campus and major at

No. Although there are benefits to earning this degree, there are times when it may make sense to follow a different pathway, particularly if we don’t offer an ADT that is deemed similar to your desired major at CSU. In these cases, it is necessary to take any required courses for your future major while here at Solano in order to transfer, regardless of which associate’s degree you choose to pursue.

No! Please take the required courses while you are here at Solano. Delaying taking prerequisite courses could have a negative impact on your ability to be admitted to a university, particularly if the major is impacted. Some prerequisites need to be completed in order to take upper division classes in your major. Delaying taking your prerequisites may mean starting your upper division major coursework later than planned.

Additional ADT Resources

This website helps you view different ADT degree options and their counterpart majors at CSU campuses.

Solano General Catalog

Includes list of Solano degrees, including ADTs, and their requirements.

Sonoma State University Admissions Guarantee

This website includes information for guaranteed admission and degree completion options for Sonoma State University.

Counseling Department

All students should meet with a counselor in order to determine how to complete their ADT requirements.


A Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) is a formal, written agreement that offers students guaranteed admission to a University. Six UC campuses offer guaranteed admission to California community college students who meet eligibility requirements through the UC TAG program. (UC Berkeley, UCLA, and UC San Diego do not participate in this program).

In order to qualify for a TAG for any given campus, students must complete all of the TAG criteria for the university and for the specific major (if listed) to which they will apply. These requirements are campus-specific and will vary depending on the type of program that is offered. Some majors will not be eligible for a TAG.

Most agreements require that your math and English courses are completed or in progress at the time you apply for a TAG. Be sure to start these courses early if you are planning on applying.

Frequently Asked Questions

No. Be sure to select a campus for which you have met all of the TAG requirements.

Each campus website will list their TAG eligibility requirements. You can use to determine which courses at Solano will fulfill any course requirements for the TAG agreement and then work with your counselor to add these to your education plan. TAG requirements are updated yearly.

For fall admission, TAG applications may be submitted as early as September 1st and must be submitted by September 30th. For winter/spring admission, TAG applications may be submitted as early as May 1st and must be submitted by May 31st.

Even if you submit a TAG application, you must still apply during the regular admission period, or you will not be admitted to the university—even if you met the TAG criteria. Fall admission applications open on November 1st and must be submitted by November 30th. Winter/Spring admission applications open on July 1st and must be submitted by July 31st.

You can apply for TAG through your UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) account. This account allows you to enter all of your coursework for each semester and includes a link to apply for a TAG. When you apply for admission during the regular application period, you can import all of your TAP data into your application which will save you time on entering your course information.

As of now, UC Merced and UC Riverside are the only two campuses who accept spring or winter TAGs.

Even if your goal is not to attend one of the six schools that offer a TAG, applying for a TAG will give you a guaranteed option should you not be admitted to the campus of your choice.

As long as you meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the campus and major that you select, you can apply to UC campuses–even if you don’t qualify for the TAG program. Being competitive for admission looks different at each campus. Speaking with an admissions representative from your desired campus can be a great way to learn more about the admissions process. You can see who will be visiting Solano by viewing our Transfer Center Events Calendar.

Additional TAG Resources

UC Transfer Admission Planner

This site allows you to create your TAP account and complete your TAG application.

UC Admissions TAG Website

This website gives an overview of the TAG program and links to information related to TAGs.

TAG Matrix

The TAG Matrix lists the different TAG requirements at each university, such as who accepts winter/spring TAGS, deadlines for math and English course completion, etc. You will need to visit the individual campus websites to look at the detailed requirements for your chosen school and major.

Individual Campus TAG Websites

UC Davis:

UC Irvine:

UC Merced:

UC Riverside:

UC Santa Barbara:

UC Santa Cruz: ttps://

Counseling Department

Meet with a counselor for help determining which courses you need to take to fulfill TAG requirements and to build an education plan that includes these courses.

UC TAG Workshop

Transfer Guarantee to Historically Black Colleges and Universities

Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) have collaborated with the California Community College (CCC) system to develop Transfer Guarantee Agreements that facilitate a smooth transition from a CCC to targeted HBCUs.

Students who meet either of the following two requirements are guaranteed admission to participating HBCUs:

1. An Associate Degree Awarded by a California Community College with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher, that meets any one of the following requirements:

a. The degree is an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) degree or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree. These degrees were designed to provide a clear pathway to a California State University major and baccalaureate degree and they represent strong preparation for upper division coursework in a range of majors.

b. The degree includes the completion and certification of the lower division Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) used by California Community College students to prepare to transfer to the University of California and California State University systems; or,

c. The degree includes the completion and certification of the lower division California State University General Education Breadth pattern;


2. A minimum of 30 transferrable semester units with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.

Frequently Asked Questions

No, this program only extends to programs who have a formal agreement with California Community Colleges.

Please visit the Transfer Center or meet with a counselor to start the application process.

Application deadlines vary by school, but these deadlines are typically longer than UC and CSU application deadlines.

Alcorn State University, Bethune-Cookman University, Bowie State University, Claflin University, Dillard University, Kentucky State University, Lincoln (MO) University, Lincoln (PA) University, North Carolina Central University, Southern University and A&M College, and Tuskeegee University.

Tuition costs vary between campuses. The average tuition cost across participating HBCUs is $13,500 per year. At participating private HBCUs, you will pay the same tuition as in-state students. Several of the public colleges and universities offer in-state tuition for California Community College students. Visit the Transfer Center or meet with a counselor to learn more.

Yes. You will want to fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), just like you would for any in-state school. If your GPA is 3.2 or higher, you will be given priority consideration for scholarships. If you have already applied, talk with your prospective school about financial aid and scholarship opportunities for California Community College students.

Additional HBCU Resources

List of Participating HBCUs

Fast Facts

Solano Counseling Department

Meet with a counselor to make sure you have met the criteria to apply for a HBCU.