Faculty Online Resources
How Do I Qualify to Teach Online?
The following requirements must be met:
- Please review the current MOU.
- Complete Solano College Canvas Training (two courses) or equivalent courses through @One, taken at the employee’s expense (can apply to be reimbursed by PDFC funding);
- Submit, for DE Commitee Review, a partial Canvas shell, containing at least four modules/four weeks of course materials;
- Self-assessment of the submitted shell, using the OEI rubric;
- Collaborate with a mentor assigned by the DE Committee to ensure the course aligns with the OEI rubric;
- Bring the submitted shell to the minimum standards of 90% Accessible and no broken links;
- Receive final DE Committee review and approval vote.
- If you are interested in training, please complete this form.
- Training programs include: Hyflex, Online Instructor Certification, PO.C.R. and Renewal.
- Contact the D.E. Office by email at John.Perez@solano.edu and request enrollment in the Online Canvas Training Courses.
- Request a Dev/OL Shell at SCC Faculty FAQs.
- Complete the Online Canvas Training Courses.
- Build two-thirds of your course using the OEI Course Design Rubric as a guide for your Dev/OL shell.
- Email DE Coordinator John Perez at John.Perez@solano.edu and CC the DE Office at email@example.com to request a review of your course by the DE Committee. Your course must be reviewed and approved to teach online.
- What support do you need to be successful for online instruction?