Computer Information Sciences
Associate in Science
Certificate of Achievement
& Basic Data Structures
Welcome To Computer Information Sciences
Seeking a driven and dynamic degree program?
Are you a natural with computers and electronics?
Looking to learn more about computers and how they operate?
Check Out Our CIS Program!
The Solano Community College Computer Information Sciences program will assure student’s competence in computer science. This is done through programming and basic data structures, providing an adequate background for employment in many computer system and technology areas, as well as providing a firm foundation for students planning to pursue a baccalaureate degree in Computer Science and related disciplines.
Program Learning Outcomes
The Computer Programming certificate program and Associate Degree program is designed to prepare the student for employment as a computer programmer trainee.
Students who complete the Computer Programming Certificate of Achievement and the Associate Degree will be able to:
- Construct applications that use GUI (graphical user interface) components and access databases for data permanence
- Develop a programming solution to a data structure problem using object-oriented methodologies and appropriate data structures and algorithms
- Implement a well-designed, properly normalized relational database after analyzing user requirements and business rules
The Microcomputer Applications certificate program and Associate Degree program is designed to prepare the student for employment as a microcomputer applications specialist.
Students who complete the Microcomputer Applications Certificate of Achievement and the Associate Degree will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of application software such as word processing, spreadsheets, personal information management, database, operating systems, and networking, presentation and html editors
- Understand Visual Basic programming
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication
The Web Design and Development certificate program and Associate Degree program is designed to prepare the student for employment as a website designer or developer. Career Opportunities: Web Designer, Web Development, Motion Graphic/Animation Video Editor, Print Designer.
Students who complete the Web Design and Development Certificate of Achievement and the Associate Degree will be able to:
- Produce functional web pages replete with responsive web elements
- Properly use design elements and an HTML editor in creating web pages
- Develop a project incorporating CSS, search forms, tables, photo galleries, shared borders, themes, interactive components, dynamic web pages and publish to a server
- Create web elements for print design and production
- Create and edit production quality animation and video