Associate in Science
Certificate of Achievement
Specializing with Parts Developmental Training
Welcome To Automotive Technology
Are cars and computers more your speed?
Are you looking for a career that will keep you driven?
Do you want to work in a 30,000+ sq. ft. state-of-the-art learning facility?
Are you looking for a program that will enable you to get a job directly after graduation?
What You Will Learn
- You will be introduced to the theory and practice of automotive repair and maintenance, and study the vital parts of the internal combustion engine and power transmission.
- You will learn basic electronic concepts while testing, maintaining, adjusting, and repairing batteries, alternators, starters, wiring, ignition systems, and accessories.
- You will be shown methods of scientifically diagnosing automotive malfunctions, and the techniques of troubleshooting.
- You will practice using various specialized equipment for examination of exhaust emissions, fuel, and other systems.
Overview & Partnerships
Solano Community College’s Automotive Technician program is leading the industry with a dynamic curriculum in its new, state-of-the-art learning facility in Vallejo.
Our program’s proven success has made Solano Community College a front-runner in the development of training with hybrid, electric and clean diesel vehicles.
Our program also partners with top car manufacturers to provide students the ability to work on the newest vehicles coming to market.
Our program is designed to prepare graduates for entry level employment as:
- Apprentice technicians
- Parts specialists
- Service consultants
- Specialists in one of the many areas of the automotive service and repair industry
Click to view the Automotive Technician Brochure