Associate in Science
Certificate of Achievement
Welcome To Advanced Manufacturing
Are you mechanically minded?
Interested in maintenance technology?
Looking for a dynamic career change?
Are you looking for a program that will enable you to get a job directly after graduation?
Check Out Our Advanced Manufacturing Program!
The Solano Community College Mechatronics program is the blending of electronics, mechanics, electrical, and computers to produce a well-rounded technician capable of handling the complex maintenance and operations tasks demanded by modern manufacturing, transportation, communication, and other industries. The modularization of electro-mechanical devices no longer requires in-depth specialization of a single field of study as more emphasis is placed on troubleshooting and replacement skills for maintenance and generalized knowledge of how systems work together for operations and purchasing and planning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Mechatronics Certificate of Achievement/Associate Degree will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team to solve problems, exhibit key occupational soft skills (on-time, attendance, appropriate use of technology, professional communication) and promote a professional attitude.
- Demonstrate safe work habits around mechanical and electrical industrial equipment.
- Troubleshoot and solve basic problems involving electrical wiring, connections, and distribution at both the component level (0-24 V) and at the industrial level (100-400 V).
- Troubleshoot and solve basic problems involving mechanical and fluid power systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in relating and integrating math and science concepts with basic systems found in industry.
- Demonstrate proficiency in integrating computer use with industrial machinery and control systems.
For more information on the classes we offer, click here.