Associate in Arts for Transfer
Analyze the Interplay of Citizens, Public Leaders, and Elections
Welcome To Political Science
Are you a natural politician?
Looking to create change in your community?
Seeking an intriguing and dynamic degree program?
Our Political Science Program is For You!
The Solano Community College Political Science program examines the theory and practice of government and the powerful personalities that affect governmental decisions. This interplay of individual citizens, public leaders, elections, and world events make political inquiry relevant today. The program provides a broad base for the analysis of how the government resolves social conflict within the United States and around the world.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Associate in Arts in Political Science for Transfer degree will be able to:
- Develop theory and content knowledge of political science
- Comprehend, analyze, and evaluate academic literature in political science
- Create original work and/or research in political science
Careers in Political Science include but are not limited to:
- Government – all areas, all levels: Federal, State and Local
- Non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations (United Nations, Amnesty International, Doctors Without Borders, Greenpeace)
- Academic 7-12 and post secondary. Researcher.
- Law via Pre-Law/Law Pathway
Talk to the Political Science faculty about other career opportunities!