Associate in Science
Life Saving Skills
Welcome To Nursing
Have a passion for helping others?
Do you want to learn how to save lives?
Want a career where you can help people every day?
Looking for the classes needed to take the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN) and become a Registered Nurse?
Check Out Our Nursing Program!
The Registered Nursing Program at Solano Community College is a 2-year Associate Degree Program fully approved by the CA Board of Registered Nursing and is subject to its regulations regarding the education and training of nurses. Successful completion of the program qualifies the student to apply to the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN) to become a Registered Nurse. The practice of nursing requires knowledge of the biological, behavioral, and physical sciences, as well as knowledge of, and the ability to speak, to read, and to write the English language proficiently. This program follows the policy of non-discrimination set forth by the Governing Board of Solano Community College.
The Solano Community College Nursing program is approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing.
Nursing Program Applications are only accepted online.
Click the button below to Apply!
Overview & Applications
Students who complete the Registered Nursing Associate Degree will be able to:
- Synthesize principles of the nursing process and critical thinking to assist individuals, families and communities to achieve positive adaptation to change in health or a peaceful death.
- Integrate technology and evidence-based concepts of nursing practice across the healthcare continuum to ensure quality patient centered care.
- Educate patients, families, and communities in health promotion behaviors that increase health and wellness and decrease disease and illness in populations and communities
Nursing Program Applications are only accepted online. Click here to begin your application.
The application must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on September 30, 2021.
- Please read the full details of the Application Guidelines (here)
- Please have the following information on hand:
- Unofficial transcripts
- Solano Student ID Number
- Nursing Pre-Major and General Education Requirement Check Sheet (obtained from Counselor)
- Proof of high school graduation or equivalent
- Copy of your TEAS test results
For more information,
- General Information Sheet
- Preparation and Requirements to Apply to SCC RN Program
- Nursing Pre-Major and General Education Requirement Check Sheet
- Application Guidelines
- Application Checklist
- TEAS Exam for Prospective Applicants
- Anticipated Fees
- ADN / Military – Trained Healthcare Personnel Policy
- RN Articulation Guide – Equivalent Courses for Prerequisites
- Helpful Pre-Nursing Videos