Day of Giving 2023
Join the Solano Community College Day of Giving!
Hello Solano College Community!
Embrace the spirit of giving this season by participating in our Canned Food and Coat Drive, a vital part of the Solano Day of Giving, taking place on November 16th from 8:00am to 6:00pm at the Fairfield, Vacaville, and Vallejo campuses.
Let’s come together as a community and make a difference in the lives of those in need.
Canned Food Drive: Stock the Shelves, Feed the Souls!
Do you have non-perishable food items sitting in your pantry? Put them to good use! Donate canned goods and dry food items to help families experiencing food insecurity. Your small contribution can make a big impact.
Warm Clothing Drive: Spread Warmth, Share Love!
As the weather turns colder, many people in our community need warm clothing. Clean out your closets and donate gently used coats, jackets, sweaters, hats, scarves, etc. Let’s ensure everyone stays warm this winter.
- Make a Difference: Your donations provide direct support for our campus food pantry and clothes closet, aiding local families and individuals in need.
- Community Engagement: Be a part of a caring community that values compassion and generosity.
- Spread Awareness: Raise awareness about the importance of helping others and encourage kindness.
How It Works?
Every student who donates will be entered into a prize drawing. One winner will be selected based on the number of boxes (4ft x 4ft x 4 ft) filled. Prizes range from $100 Gift Card (1 box filled) to iPhone 15 (3 boxes filled).
If faculty and staff donations result in the filling of 3 boxes, they will have the opportunity to enjoy a catered lunch or campus ice cream social as a token of appreciation.
- Fairfield Campus: Visit our designated collection point in the faculty staff lounge (Bldg 1400).
- Vacaville and Vallejo campuses: Collection boxes will be placed in the lobby.
Donation Period: November 16th 8:00am – 6:00pm at all three locations
Spread the word, motivate your peers, and together, let’s ensure a triumphant Day of Giving.