Associate in Science
Certificate of Achievement
Welcome To Aeronautics
Do you have your eyes on the air?
Are you looking to learn about airframe and powerplant work?
Want to be eligible to take the Federal Aviation Administration Examination?
Are you looking for a program that will enable you to get a job directly after graduation?
Aeronautics is for you!
In the Solano Community College Aeronautics program students will learn:
- practical and theoretical knowledge in basic maintenance techniques
- special requirements of airframe or airframe & powerplant work.
Upon satisfactory completion of the required courses, students are eligible to take the Federal Aviation Administration written oral and practical examination for airframe or powerplant license.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Airframe Maintenance Technician or Airframe & Powerplant Maintenance Technician Certificate of Achievement/Associate Degree will be able to:
1. Demonstrate proficient, entry-level aviation maintenance skills in airframe and powerplant with emphasis on aircraft engines, aircraft structures, and aircraft systems.
2. Have a working knowledge to inspect, maintain, service and repair aircraft electrical, engine (piston and turbine), airframe structure, flight control, hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, navigation and instrument systems and other aircraft components specified by Federal Aviation Regulation Part 147.
3. Obtain the knowledge and skills to pass oral, practical and written Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) examination in general and airframe/powerplant subjects.