Equity and Inclusion

Frequently Asked Questions

Preferred Name Change: Students who use a preferred name other than the legal name on their birth certificate can request their preferred name to be used on college documents such as class rosters and email addresses. To submit your preferred name, please complete the CHANGE of Student Record Information form and submit it to the Office of Admissions & Records in Building 400 or via email at admissions@solano.edu. Note that currently this action will not change your name on your transcript or for federal financial aid documents. However, a bill moving through the California legislature that could remedy this for former students requesting updated documents such as transcripts:

AB 245  would require the California Community Colleges to update a former student’s records and to reissue specified documents to include the student’s updated legal name or gender, if requested. Commencing with the 2023–24 graduating class, the bill would require an institution to provide an option for a graduating student to request that the diploma to be conferred by the institution list the student’s chosen name.

Solano Community College has several gender-neutral bathrooms across campus for your use. Click the map here.

Contact Us Today!