Disability Services Program
How to Apply for DSP Services?
If you are new to Solano College and/or DSP please follow these steps:
- Apply to Solano College, if you haven’t already. You must have a Solano Student ID# to participate in our services.
- Download and complete the required forms below: (if not sure what is acceptable for disability verification, see the DSP Intake Forms Instructions)
- Send forms to: email@example.com Feel free to email or call (707) 864-7136 with any questions. Please make sure to include your full name, student ID# and a call back phone number when you email or call us.
- Once all forms are received, a DSP staff member will contact you to schedule a
30-minute Zoom JumpStart Orientation. JumpStart is a small group orientation where students can ask questions to better understand how the DSP program works, and to help you learn how to fully utilize the services to your benefit. These orientations are scheduled only once per week.
- Next you will have an appointment to meet with a DSP Counselor to create your accommodations and review a plan for your class schedule. If you know which classes you want to sign up for, you are welcome to do so on your registration date, but you must still meet with a DSP Counselor to discuss the accommodations that are available.
If you are a continuing student:
You must meet with a DSP Counselor at least once a semester to continue receiving your services. We prefer that you also meet with a DSP Counselor about one month into the semester to check your progress. If you want to request an additional service, or have additional needs schedule an appointment with a DSP Counselor.
If you are a student who has been away from Solano College for a year or more:
- You must reapply to the college, Solano College Application
- Schedule an appointment with a DSP specialist or counselor who will review your file.
How to Schedule an Appointment
Once you have completed your DSP Forms and submitted your Verification of Disability, call or email the DSP office. Generally, the counselors and specialists do not schedule their own appointments, so please use the number below.
- Solano College Disability Services – (707) 864-7136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be sure to include your full name, student ID #, and phone number with any communication to the DSP office.
Sign up for free Academic Coaching
Are you interested in Academic Coaching?
Academic Coaching serves to increase academic success as students complete their coursework and move towards their educational goals. The Academic Coach will work with students with disabilities on a one-to-one basis in the following areas:
- Time management
- Short and long-term planning
- Note-taking and study skills
- Test preparation
- Reduction of test anxiety
- Stress reduction
- School, life and work balance
If you are interested in taking control of your education, please discuss this accommodation with your DSP Counselor during the intake. You may also schedule an appointment by sending an email request to email@example.com OR call (707) 864-7136.
Office Service Hours (Window & Phone)
Have a question? Need to schedule an appointment?