Diversity Equity Inclusion
Intro text to talk about DEI. Copy Needed.
Preferred Name Change
Preferred Name Change: Students who use a preferred name other than the legal name on their birth certificate can request their preferred name to be used on college documents such as class rosters and email addresses. To submit your preferred name, please complete the CHANGE of Student Record Information form and submit it to the Office of Admissions & Records in Building 400 or via email at email@example.com. Note that currently this action will not change your name on your transcript or for federal financial aid documents. However, a bill moving through the California legislature that could remedy this for former students requesting updated documents such as transcripts:
AB 245 would require the California Community Colleges to update a former student’s records and to reissue specified documents to include the student’s updated legal name or gender, if requested. Commencing with the 2023–24 graduating class, the bill would require an institution to provide an option for a graduating student to request that the diploma to be conferred by the institution list the student’s chosen name.
Solano Community College has several gender-neutral bathrooms across campus for your use. The maps below will help you locate these:
Resources for Employees
- DEI Task Force 20202 Report (attached as “CCCCO_DEI_Report”)
- 5 Reasons to Let Students Keep Their Cameras Off During Zoom Classes
- ACUE’s Inclusive and Equitable Teaching
- Basic Principles for Equity Literacy
- What White Colleagues Need to Understand
- How Culturally Responsive Lessons Teach Critical Thinking
- Five Principles for Creating Equity by Design
- Committing to Equity and Inclusive Excellence
- Men of Color and Community Colleges