COVID VACCINATION/TESTING PROCESS BEGINNING OCT. 15 –ALL EMPLOYEES AND VOLUNTEERS
Effective October 15th, all Solano Community College employees accessing any campus or location will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID OR undergo testing twice per week OR once per week if you are coming to campus one day per week, before accessing any Solano Community College facility.
Regardless of vaccination status or test results, everyone must wear a mask when entering campus buildings.
Anyone involved with on-campus, in-person instruction/ instructional support (including lab assistants, volunteers and student workers) will need to attend a zoom COVID training session. You will be contacted by the trainers with the dates/times of the sessions.
If you are an employee or volunteer coming to campus only occasionally, please remember to submit the request to come to campus form to HR at least 48 hrs prior to the day you want to come to campus. Completing the form provides information on the building(s) and room(s) employees will be using so facilities can ensure proper cleaning and access to the building. The form is available here.
Download the CourseKey app from your smart phone’s app store or download it on your home computer or lap top. In addition to completing the access campus form referenced in #2 above, you need to complete the CourseKey health survey on the day you will be on campus.
- To access CourseKey, you will be asked to log in using your SCC email address.
- If you have trouble logging in please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will need to complete the CourseKey health survey every day that you plan to come to campus and must do so BEFORE entering campus buildings.
- CourseKey allows us to conduct contact tracing in the case of an outbreak and meets CalOSHA compliance.
To upload your Vaccination/testing information go to the Canvas Tab on the SCC homepage. https://solano.instructure.com/login/canvas If you have not accessed Canvas before, you will need to log in using your complete Solano.edu email address and the password you use to access SCC computers for email, etc.
In Canvas, go to COVID Documentation Submission “course.” If you do not see the COVID Documentation Submission in your Canvas courses or have trouble logging into to Canvas, please contact DE@solano.edu
Email your vaccine verification or test results to email@example.com.
- Proof of full vaccination includes a photo of your vaccination card showing your name, birthdate, and the day or days you received the required dosage(s), or upload the state of California SMART Health Card available at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/
- Proof of test results includes your full name and the date and time you tested if done on campus, or the proof of testing from the off-campus provider (CVS, public health, etc.)
- Appointment reminders for the vaccination or testing or any other unofficial document not completed by a provider is not acceptable proof of vaccination or test results.
If you choose to provide test results instead of proof of vaccine, you will need to test up to two times per week (once if you will be on campus one day per week). You will need to provide test results taken within 72 hours prior to coming to campus either by uploading results into Canvas or emailing results to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose to test, please follow this schedule:
If you’re coming to campus on:
You will need to test and have your results uploaded by:
Prior Friday or Saturday
Sunday before noon
Sunday or Monday before noon
FREE TESTING AT SCC FAIRFIELD CAMPUS for employees, volunteers, and students:
Hours for drive through/walk-up (PCR test) saliva testing (spit in a cup 10 times) beginning Oct 18th at the Fairfield campus, at the 1700 building roundabout:
Monday: 8:00am – 1:30pm
Tuesday: 10:00am – 1:30pm
Wednesday: 10am – 1:30pm and 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 1:30pm
Friday: 10:00am – 1:30pm
Some off-campus options include (Free):
- Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, your health provider. Plan ahead as appointments can fill quickly.
PRIOR to coming to campus (do not wait to do this in the parking lot)
If you get a red pass, DO NOT come to campus or enter any buildings. Contact the email@example.com immediately by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of the red pass page. Contact your supervisor to advise that you are waiting to hear from the COVID caseworker for next steps.
- If you received a red pass in error, you still must contact firstname.lastname@example.org and respond to a series of questions. Only the COVID caseworker is authorized to clear you.
MASKS ARE STILL REQUIRED INDOORS AT ALL TIMES (regardless of vaccination status)
*Please reference the main navigation at the top or bottom of the page for more information regarding vaccine or testing proof*